We cannot provide a service without the help of volunteers; nationally 90% of CAB workers are volunteers. There are many ways to get involved. You could train to be an adviser, help with the office admin systems, or join the management committee, help with fundraising, publicity, organise events or take part in our research and campaigns. We fully train all our volunteer advisers. You do not need to have any particular qualification or experience, but the following abilities are useful:
- A good listener and open minded.
- Able to work with clients to achieve results.
- Read complex information and explain it.
- Basic maths and English.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Can work as a team member.
- Can commit yourself to a certain number of hours each week.
- Support equal opportunities.